Wondering how to lighten skin naturally? Maybe it is areas on your face (like your upper lip or melasma), arms or even your knees. The truth is when you have a dark area it can make you very self conscious.
And to make matters worse with it being summer, those area can really stand out and make you even more embarrassed.
Well, don’t hide. There are some natural things that you can use to learn how to lighten skin naturally at home. Acne marks, melasma, freckles or scars you can sometimes lighten them naturally.
Below I put together some easy tips.
Start With The Basics
- Use a sunscreen daily. Even when the sun is not out. An SPF of at least 20 is a good place to start. If you are outside without sun protection, the sun will only cause more damage to your skin and bring about even more dark areas.
- Drink water. This helps to keep your skin hydrated. It will help your skin to appear healthier, in turn it will limit the appearance of your dark spots.
- Use an organic Papaya soap. This is one way how to lighten skin naturally. It can be drying, so use some sort of hydrating lotion after you use the soap.
- Base your diet on plenty of fruits and veges. This, along with the water you are drinking, will help to detoxify your body and help with your overall skin appearance. It will appear brighter and younger.
- Keep your face clean to avoid any build up of dirt and oils.
- Use a homemade skin lightening cream made with lemon juice and yogurt-apply daily. It is actually a mild bleach.
- Use Turmeric.
Below is a tutorial that I found on just how to use Turmeric correctly.
How To Lighten your skin easily and NATURALLY with TURMERIC and LEMON
Turmeric has been used for hundreds of years as a way to lighten dark patches of skin – in this tutorial I will show you the method I am currently using to try to get rid of the dark patches I have acquired on my face due to not being careful enough in the sunshine and pregnancy.
Original Source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSTssqStMmw
How to lighten skin with other natural Ingredients
Does Milk lighten skin? Milk is actually a good thing to use as a natural bleach. Just dab a towel into some milk in a bowl and apply it generously around your face.
You can also cut a lemon in half and rub the inner part on your skin. Leave on for 10-20 minutes then wash off. Lemon juice is a very good skin lightener if used regularly.
Continue with good skin care
Cleansing and exfoliating your skin will help with getting rid of old darker skin cells and allow new ‘lighter’ ones to come to the surface. You will actually be resurfacing your skin.
There are times however, when natural ingredients may not give you the best results. Plus the time and mess may be a little troublesome.
This is when it is a good idea to try a proven, natural cream that has been specifically created to lighten the pigmentation of dark areas on the skin.
By using a powerful, naturally made & proven skin lightening cream like Meladerm, you can get that youthful look back. Remember when you have hyperpigmentation on the skin it adds age to your look. Looking younger is important to many people.
Meladerm really does lighten hyperpigmentation on any area that you may have this issue. Knees, elbows, melasma, freckles, armpits, acne marks etc…Plus, with the reviews that I have found, it has faithful customers that swear by this product.
Of course results will vary from person to person, but if you read the many reviews you can get a good idea as to whether it can work for you in particular…Meladerm Advanced Skin Lightener isn’t a brand new product so you can find a lot of info on the benefits and results that real people have had.
I wish you the Best of luck!